lauantai 20. kesäkuuta 2009

My first impressions on iPhone OS 3.0


What do I think of the OS 3.0

The little that I have tested the new operating system, I can say that it is pretty awesome! I haven't even get to test all the new things it brings, but atleast I can say one really good thing and one really bad thing about it. Good thing is the landscape mode on texting, I have waited that for soooo long. The bad thing is that apperently there is a bit problems with apps, when developers tries to update their apps, they get some unexpected bugs. We also got some new characters on finnish keyboard, like ä and ö, before we had to press and hold the 'a' key to get those.

The Frustration

When I started downloading this patch everything went like planned, but when the actual patching started, something unexpected happened. I don't know if it was because everyone else was updating their iPhone aswell, but for some reason iTunes told me that it can't update my iPhone. Well I just rebooted my phone and thought it was just some kind of a bug, but instead of everything going right, I was welcomed with yet another error message. It said something in the lines of "your phone is still updating" and I couldn't access the menus. Well I wouldn't have really minded searching google for a answer, but we were in the middle of planning a midsummer party and were supposed to leave the next day, so I didn't have that much time to waste. I just let my phone lay there for an hour and thought that I just had to survive the
weekend without it, but after that hour I tried again and it worked perfectly. Well that pretty much saved my weekend :).

The Conclusion

There really is no features in 3.0 that I actually dislike, but there are a lot that I think should have been A LOT earlier, for example MMS and landscape keyboard. There are some new features that I REALLY like and one of those is the one, when you hold your finger over text, you
can copy/paste. It makes writing and surfing easier.
So here's my thoughts on the new OS, There are some features that IMO should be added, but I will come back to that later.

To read more about the new features, check out Apple's own website

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti