maanantai 29. kesäkuuta 2009

How to Pwn your iPhone 3G!

Well What can I say?

Last thursday I kinda owned myself :D. My girlfriends father told me that he could take me, my GF and our two friends to a boat ride (he has this cool fast boat :P). Ofcourse we were excited and took the offer. So we set 'sail' in Päijänne lake and started looking for a beach, so we could land there and go swimming. Well we kept looking until we found this rocky place which was really beautiful. We landed there and started climbing up the huge rock. When we were up there my friend asked me "where's the iphone, take a picture of us and put it on facebook". Well then I headed back to the boat and took the iphone out of a secure box. I climbed up the rock again and took some awesome pictures. Well then we thought we could start jumping off the boat and start swimming. Well ofcourse I had my swimming shorts on and everyone dared me to come swimming (I'm not really a swimming kinda person). Then I descended from the boat and started swimming, my friend suddenly yell "WTF man, why is the cigarettes floating on the water" then it struck me: OH SHIT MY IPHONE!! I ascended to the boat and looked at my iphone, it was soaking wet, right then I knew that it broke and said goodbyes to it :/.

What happened next?

When I got back to home I started looking if I had any insurance on that phone, well Sonera (the operator which sells iPhones in finland) has a 'cell insurance' that you can buy, it costs 4-7€ per month. Well I was like "woah this is awesome", because if they have an insurance, they will offer it and there is no reason I would've disagreed to take that insurance. Then I read a bit more about that insurance, it said that it will cover any water damage, that boosted my confidence even more, but then the next line on that page was like a big fucking kick right on the nuts. It said "you can get this insurance on every phone EXCEPT the iPhone".

Is there anything I can do?

Well after that I finally got some good news: Home insurance will cover phones, but you have to buy some "own fault" thing, that'll cost 100-150€, well ofcourse that is better than paying the frigging 650-700€ for a new iPhone, but still. I went to Expert (it's a shop where I bought my iPhone) and we checked what I need to do to get that insurance money. We send it to their repair guys who will estimate if it is still repairable or not, if it's not, my insurance company will send me the money and I can do whatever I want with it. If it is repairable (doubtful) they will repair it and send it back to me.

Light at the end of the tunnel!

The iPhone 3GS is coming to finland in few weeks (it isn't here yet for some weird reason) and that means I'm getting FULL money from my iPhone (I'm not REALLY sure if I get full money, but I think I will), so I will get that 700€ I payed for it (or something like that). The awesome thing here is that when the iPhone 3GS comes, Sonera will NOT sell the old iPhone 3G, so the 3GS will cost the exact same price the old iPhone 3G costed when they sold it. So when I get my money, I will wait a few days, so the 3GS will come to market, then I will buy it. So basically I just change my 3G to 3GS for 100€ :D. That is awesome! And all of this happened by accident.

So, cu laterzzz I will go and hope I get my money soon :P

2 kommenttia:

  1. there's actually the iphone 4 to go crazy about now. :) hope you get it! find other tech reviews from my blog http://gadgets-inpink.blogspot.com

    VastaaPoista
  2. It's Good.New iPhone Software Dunes This shark song commences to discover their groove coming back again.If you think this could be for you then learn more about it here>Daily Tech Blog

    VastaaPoista